Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bliss Step-it-Up Cards

I saw this card a while back on Mary's blog and wanted to re-make it. I thought I would start really basic and then show you how changing one or two things can really make it pop!

This is the most basic version. The bliss stamp is stamped in crumb cake on crumb cake dp using my stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up.
This version adds the extra detail of an extra layer of early espresso dp and the button/threadcombo tied around the ribbon rather than just applied on top.
Stepped up again, this version adds a vanilla layer and swaps the button and thread for a brad and bow.
This final version, swaps the espresso satin ribbon for vanilla and adds an extra layer of espresso taffeta ribbon.
I think the third version is actually my favourite, but it just shows how much you can change a card by changing very few details.

Also note that for my bows, I again used Mary's tutorial here.

Stamps: SU Bliss (SAB), Bring on the Cake
Ink: SU crumb back, early espresso
Paper: SU crumb cake, early espresso, very vanilla
Ribbon: SU 5/8" early espresso satin, 5/8" very vanilla satin, 1/8" early espresso tafetta, linen thread
Brad: SU very vanilla 5/16" jumbo brad

6 comments:

Beate said...

Wow! I like them all, but I think my favorite is the first one. GORGEOUS and elegant.
Hugs and smiles

Bev Dahl said...

Simply stunning! Love them all! Love how you subtly added elements! Great job!

Ann Schach said...

I love them all! Very classy!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Julie Marshall said...

Allison, thanks so much for stopping by to comment on my You're in my Thoughts/Heart card. This card is one of my faves too...glad you liked it.

I love this card that you've created and all the different versions. That last is my favorite. Very clever to layer the ribbon.

TFS!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderful projects!!!!!
love how you changed embellishments using the same layout!!!!! COOOOL!!!!
p.s. Love the blog look!!!!!
awesome design!!!!