Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Touch of Romance Tin

Here's another project from Andrea Walford's online class "A Touch of Romance". Scroll down to the previous post if you missed the first project. If you are interested in registering for the class check out this page on Andrea's blog. This was the first project that Andrea shares in the class and it's my favourite of all the projects. For this project I really stylized it my own way to make it exactly the way I wanted and Andrea encourages you to do so. Also, if you don't have the tin, she offers a different but similar project/template. I combined the two different projects to create this one. I am actually going to be giving the completed project to Grant later so I'm not sharing much information on what goes inside other than these little inserts. I'm trying not to let him see it "in person" until he gets it because I always find that pictures don't do projects justice (especially 3D items when you can't see all angles).

Stamps: SU A Happy Heart, Lots of Thoughts
Ink: SU Versamark, pretty in pink, chocolate chip, pink pirouette reinker (retired)
Paper: SU very vanilla, chocolate chip, pretty in pink, chocolate chip dp, sending love specialty dp
Ribbon: SU 5/8" pretty in pink satin, 5/8" chocolate chip satin, silver elastic cord
Punch: 1/2" circle punch
Misc: SU pretty in pink cordoroy button, build a brad, paper snips, crystal effects, band-aid tin

8 comments:

Kelli F. said...

Beautiful job - I love your style. I hope you are feeling better!

Lesley said...

Hi Allison,

Your blog is full of beautiful projects, love those matching baby thank yous and the altered tin! You should enter your altered tin at the Pals Paper Arts "Anything But a Card" Challenge.

Here is the link:
http://www.palspaperarts.com/2010/01/ppa26anything-but-a-card.html

I am a Canadian too...looking forward to popping by to see your other creations!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh I love this tin!!! Beautiful project - Allsion!!! Hugs ~S~

Niki Estes said...

Oh, this is so cute, Allison! I love those inserts!

Grant B. said...

Just tell me what's gonna be inside!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

outstanding !!!!!love how you turned this tin into a work of art!!!
thanks for a wonderful idea!!!

Grant B. said...

A truly amazing gift. Thank you so much. I love you.

Ruth said...

I love this tin and cards. What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!!!