Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This or That?

I was going through the cards I've marked as favourites and came across this gorgeous card by annascreations and decided to CASE it for a set of sympathy cards for my Mom to use.

When I was picturing it how I wanted it to look, I couldn't decide if I wanted the "with sympathy" embossed in white or stamped on the white cardstock in the featured colour - so I stamped both so I could decide once they were created.

Here's the sympathy card with the white embossing: Here's the card with the sentiment stamped in the feature colour bermuda bay: Once they were both made, I decided I definitely liked the coloured sentiment more. So that's what I will be going with. The butterfly image is from Verve Stamps and was stamped on white cardstock twice so I could cut one of them out. Once it was cut out I adhered the body of the butterfly on top of the uncut butterfly and bent the wings upward to make it more 3D. I love the look of this and will definitely try doing this more often! I had the supplies to add the details of the brads and jewels but wanted to keep it simple to be able to create multiple cards quickly!

Stamps: SU Teeny Tiny Wishes, Verve Stamps Fluttering By
Ink: SU bermuda bay, versamark
Paper: SU ww, bermuda bay, urban garden dp (retired)
Ribbon: SU 1/4" white grosgrain
Misc: SU white ep, stampin' dimensionals

4 comments:

Kerry said...

i love both of them, the color stamped one especially!! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I like them both but I also like the stamp colored.
HoboB

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful, Allison! I like the colored sentiment, too! :)

Jen said...

oh, they are so pretty!! that patterned paper is one of my all time favorites!! great job!!