Monday, January 11, 2010

Floral Sorrow

My Mom asked me to refill her stock of sympathy cards so that is what I have been trying to work on. I find sympathy cards really difficult to make because I find myself overthinking things, especially the colour. I don't want it too dark because that seems negative and depressing but I don't want it too bright because then it seems fake. I don't know maybe I'm the only one who thinks about all that!Anyway, I finally bought SU Thoughts & Prayers set in December and love this flower image from it. I coloured it using my SU markers. To get a bit more dimension, I coloured the center of the flower with orchid opulence then went around the edges of the flower with rich razzleberry. I also purposely cut the green dp to have the two butterflies above the flowers because of the symbol they have for life after death. I have to get my hands on the new butteflies die that SU has so I can use it for cards like this!

Stamps: SU Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: SU rich razzleberry, orchid opulence, old olive
Paper: SU ww, rich razzleberry, cottage wall dp

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That card is beautiful.
HoboB

Carolyn King said...

it is absolutely perfect. A beautiful sympathy card!

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful!