Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Birthday Scrapbook

I mentioned in this post, where I showed you the card that I made for my Mom's 50th birthday, that I would try to get some picures of the scrapbook that I made for her. Well, I finally did. I took some pictures of my favourite pages from it (and ones she hopefully won't be too embarrassed to have posted)! The whole album is 8x8 so majority of the pages I'll show you are the combined two page layout.

I have a funny/interesting story about this album (scroll down if you don't want to read), but I only made it the night before giving it to her without even seing the photos! My sister called the night before Mom's birthday and said that she had gone through old photo albums and got pictures of important/memorable events and reprinted in black and white and she was going to scrapbook them. Now, no offense to my sister, but she's used to decorating for little kids as a grade 2/3 teacher - so I offered to do it (which I think is what she was trying to get me to do all along). So, I had her tell me what pictures were of and whether they were portrait or landscape style so I knew how to set up the layouts. With only that information, I stayed up all night (literally, from 12 pm to 7 am) creating the album. Once I arrived home (about an hour before my Mom was to come home and open presents, I saw the photos and added them in where I had planned. I have to admit, I absolutely love the way it turned out. The only thing that I don't love is that, without the photos, I could not assume anything about cropping so they are all matted with a 4.25" x 6.25" white cardstock, because of that some photos have lots of junk in the background and some are actually way smaller because they are old photos. All in all though, I love it and I think Mom did too!

Anyway, now for the photos: The above photos are obviously from my parents wedding and a picture of them from a few years ago. I just love that sentiment paired with these photos - I wish we had a picture of them from their 25th wedding anniversary to put on the right-hand side. This layout shows my sisters (left) and my (right) grade 12 graduation. These pictures make me wish we had both gone to our University graduation ceremonies to have pictures with our parents there. Oh well, I was celebrating in Mexico instead! This layout is a couple of photos of my Mom from a few of her trips (I can't recall which ones). I love these because it's great to see my Mom so happy travelling - she had to put it off a long time because she (and my father) had two kids to raise and then put through University. We were very spoiled!
Finally, this layout does not yet include a picture because I left it blank so we could add a picture of her from the exact day of her 50th birthday. It's on my sister's camera though so who knows when we will actually get to put it in there.

Supplies

Stamps: SU Kind & Caring Thoughts (hostess), PTI Father Knows Best
Ink: SU black, versamark
Paper: SU kraft, ww, basic black, baja breeze (retired), urban oasis dp (retired)
Ribbon: SU 1/4" black grosgrain
Punches: SU 1/2" circle, scallop edge
Misc: SU white ep, SU baja breeze flower fusion (retired)

0 comments: