Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bridal Shower Thank Yous

This past weekend my aunts held a bridal shower for me with lots of friends and family present. It was so beautiful and so much more than I ever would have thought of and everyone really spoiled me! They went to so much work to make everything perfect and it really was - they even used my wedding colours for the decorations! When I got home from Calgary, I started working on my thank you cards to send to everyone for attending and for making the day so memorable.

I wanted to use our wedding colours for the thank yous and had previously seen this stunning card by Jo Ann and used it as inspiration.As you can see, aside from changing the colours, I changed the grommets to brads, added more layers, changed the stamp set and eliminated the bow and glitter. I love the way that these cards turned out! I don't think my corner rounder punch has ever been used so much before! The main image panel is also raised up on SU dimensionals(you can tell on the cards laying donw).

I wanted to make the thank you cards for my two aunts who put everything together for me just a slight bit different so I changed the colour of the brads from silver to certainly celery (sorry this picture isn't very clear). I LOVE the way this looks but because of the way coloured brads are packaged and sold it would have been too expensive to make them all like this! As much as I love making cards and although it is easier to mass produce cards, I do not think I will be making my own thank you cards for the wedding. I seem to lose interest very quickly when they are all the same so it takes much longer than it should.

Thank you to everyone who attended and worked to make my bridal shower so special. I really appreciate it and will never forget it!

Supplies

Stamps: SU Define Your Life, Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: SU certainly celery, chocolate chip
Paper: SU ww, certainly celery, chocolate chip
Punch: SU corner rounder
Brads: SU silver and certainly celery
Ribbon: SU white taffeta
Misc: SU dimensionals

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so pretty! Love the colors and design.

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful design! So striking!

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful! I love the combination of stamps and colors, and the layout is great!

Carolyn King said...

beautifully done! great design and colors!