Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SC220 Basic Baja Thanks

I spent a few hours today making cards as I feel like I've been going through withdrawl since I've not had the chance to make any cards for the last few weeks!

I created this card for todays sketch challenge over on SCS, SC220. I absolutely love the way this card turned out.This is one of my new favourite colour combos - baja breeze and basic gray. Makes me wish baja breeze would be sticking around longer but come the new catalogue it will be gone (guess I'll have to stock up in advance)!

I tried something new on this card as well. I'd seen this kind of colouring done on flowers before but had not actually tried it myself until now. I love how it makes the center of the flower darker and the petals get lighter towards the outside. To create this effect, I used my sponge dauber in my baja breeze ink then started in the center of the flower and pulled my dauber out to the edges. Then I used my blender pens in the Baja Breeze ink to colour in the edges of the petals darker. I can't wait to try this effect with other colours where the shading will be more noticable.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are going to try this technique you should use StazOn ink for the outline so it doesn't smudge.

Also, I've been asked a few times about what the inside of my cards look like. So here is the inside of this card. I have to admit, I don't often do something on the inside, but I had an extra flower so I thought I may as well!Supplies

Stamps: SU Embrace Life, Full of Life (dormant list)
Ink: SU basic gray, baja breeze, StazOn Jet Black
Paper: SU ww, basic gray, baja breeze, urban garden dp
Misc: SU white Signo gel pen, Heidi Swapp bling, sponge daubers, blender pens

0 comments: