Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little Baby Card

This is another card from Viva La Verve challenges for February - this time for VLVFeb02. For this challenge you had to use the sketch callenge and no designer paper. I love the way this card turned out and again I tried to leave the oval as is. This is also one of my favourite colour combos - pink pirouette, baja breeze and chocolate chip! I decided to use my cuttlebug and emboss the background pink so that it wasn't really plain.

The sentiment was stamped from the Level 1 hostess set Sweet Little Sentiments - I only coloured part of the sentiment with my SU markers so it would fit in the space better. I had used the full sentiment originally then had to start again because it was too long. The girafe was also stamped in chocolate chip then coloured in with blender pens and pink pirouette and baja breeze ink.

Two things bother me about this card: 1) that at the very end I smudged my sentiment so I wasn't about to start again and 2) I didn't space the brads to have a gap between them. I still really like it though, it was a fun layout to play with!

Now I just need to know more people having babies so I can start using all of these cute cards!

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Wild About You, SU Sweet Little Sentiments (hostess)
Ink: SU chocolate chip, pink pirouette, baja breeze
Paper: SU ww, baja breeze, pink pirouette, chocolate chip
Ribbon: SU pink pirouette
Brads: SU 5/16" chocolate chip brads
Misc: Embossing folder Spots & Dots

2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

So cute, Allison! What a great color combo, too - might have to CASE that one - looks fun. I didn't notice either the smudged sentiment or the brad spacing, the way. It all looks great!

Anonymous said...

I like your style Allison. You have some great cards on your site. I love how you used the circle and oval on this...I would not have thought to do that! This card is really sweet.