Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wasabi Enchilada TLC171

I've been overflowing with ideas and inspiration after over two weeks away from all of my supplies, especially after checking out the blogs I frequent and seeing what creations everyone has been making.

This post is done for TLC 171 (Technique Lover's Challenge) in which we had to create 3x3 cards, envelopes and a box to hold it all.

In addition, the inspiration for my set came from two things:
In reviewing blogs, Nancy Riley of iStamp had made several cards (seen here) using up Wild Wasabi paper before it retires. I realized that I too have tons of wild wasabi papers that I may as well use up now before they get neglected by new supplies! For this same reason, I again used my Circle of Friendship stamp set and this time, used all 8 stamps!

Here are closer up pictures of the 8 cards and their matching envelopes. I used a different envelope template than that posted at SCS. The one I used can be found here at StampwithGwen - I just like the look of them a bit better.


Here is a close up of the box. I used the template and directions here that my upline Andrea Walford created. I altered it slightly to make it deeper so that all 8 cards and envelopes could fit in.

Stamps: SU Circle of Friendship
Papers: SU WW, Wild wasabi, wild wasabi dp (from Hostess prints pack), regular computer printer paper for envelopes (cardstock seemed too thick)
Ink: SU Wild Wasabi
Punches: 1/2" circle, 1" circle, 1 1/4" circle, scallop punch
Brads: Creative Imaginations Decorative Brads

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such an adorable set!!!

Sherrie said...

how CUTE! It looks like they are done with such precision and attention to detail...great job!

Nancy Riley said...

Allison, I love your whole enchilada!!!! I am so very flattered that you were inspired by my Wild Wasabi cards! Your gift set is AWESOME!!!!

Niki Estes said...

I love your card set!! Wild wasabi is one of my fav SU colors and I'm going to miss it! Love your card holder, too!