Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CC164, SC174 Many Thanks

I created this card to fulfill two different challenges this week over at SCS, both the Colour Challenge 164 (CC164) and the Card Sketch Challenge 174(SC174). CC164 was to use sky blue, basic black and purely pomegranate. I never would have thought to combine these colours but I really like them together. I will be said when these "In Colours" will be retired!

I was surprised too to see that the Sketch Challenge involved making a tall card, which I had already made (Bugs and Kisses) below but it didn't have the extra details to fulfill the sketch.


The designer paper used on the front here is from the "Fall Flowers" set. The stamp is from SAB "Lots of Thoughts" and is stamped in purely pomegranate and basic black. I can't remember who made the brads! You can see part of the inside of the card at the right side which shows the stampin around wheel "perfectly pretty" stamped in sky blue. The ovals were cut using my Creative Memories cutting system.


On the inside here, other than the stampin around wheel, I have used the SU rubon from the SAB set "love and happiness."

4 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful card! I really like the inside too! But I can't see the Bugs and Kisses card... :(

Lori Barnett said...

How cool it that tall card. I'm gonna have to try that challenge.

Lizette said...

I haven't made any longer cards ever (gasp !). I really should try and make one.
This card is very nice, great layout.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Gorgeous! Love the tall card and you did a great job with the color combo. I never do the inside of mine - I can see I'm missing out b/c yours looks great!